My name is Sara and I created Now Viewing the World because I love 2 things: writing and travel. By combining those two things I aim to help you with planning your next trip or vacation. Or if you just enjoy the planning aspect of travel and travel itself, then I’m here to help enable your addiction to it. Because for me, travelling is the key to happiness. As long as I can continue to visit other cities and countries to learn about their history, culture, and language, my life feels fulfilled. I hope to pass along that enjoyment to you and share my experiences in the hopes that I can inspire others to follow their dreams too.
So now let’s get to me a little. Here are 10 quirky facts about me:
- I’ve been to Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, St. Lucia, Bahamas, Great Britain, and Wales. That’s 7 countries not including the United States, since that’s my home and all. I hope to add to that very soon.
- I met my husband on a cruise called The Rock Boat in the middle of the ocean.
- I’ve seen over 100 different bands in concert. And when I say over 100, I actually mean close to 200. What I’m saying is I love live music.
- I was born and raised in Kansas. Now I live in the Philadelphia area, but there’s no place like home.
- I am a big nerd. One of my favorite genres (movies/books/TV) is fantasy/SciFi. And the only reality TV I like is the Food Network.
- My favorite food is hot wings. Except when I was pregnant. Then the thought of them made my stomach churn.
- Speaking of being pregnant, I have 1 daughter. The end.
- Pottermore says I’m a Hufflepuff, which is fine by me for one reason: Cedric Diggory.
- If it has anything to do with ancient civilization (Ancient Greek, Ancient Roman, Ancient Egyptian) I’m obsessed.
- I love writing lists. And when I’m making one, I will add stuff I’ve completed just so I can cross it off.
My little family consists of:
Kenny. The logical and practical husband. (He keeps me grounded.)
Taylor. The fiery, independent daughter. (She takes after me.)